We became a Couple

The following story is being narrated by Rajesh. The narration is about himself (Rajesh), Shivangi and their relationship. Here is the story in the words of Rajesh:


We had become a great couple, according to me. We did almost all the things couples do. We always met/ talked once or twice a day. When we ate outside, we always split our bills. There was no surprise birthday party. We always planned the day before any important occasion. There were small fights and arguments but they were like the way kids fight. So, we were like two kids who did almost all the things couples do.

The Final Year of the College
It was the final year of the college, the year of placements. Shivangi was crazy that year and was making me crazy as well. She was preparing very well for the placements by working on the aptitude, technical stuff and was mirror practicing for the personal interview. She was also making me do the same things. I was doing all those things for her and only in front of her not at any other time because at other times I was busy in my world of stories, paintings, and sketches.

She got placed
She got placed in the company she wanted, with a great salary package. I had a different case. In some, I got out from the Personal Interview round and in some, I was out from the first round. I also knew the reason for the same. That’s my heart was not in it. One day, I decided to tell her and make her understand what I really want to do and what’s my happiness is in.

One fine evening, we were sitting and seeing the river-view at a park.

Me: Hey Shivi.

Shivangi: Yeah.

Me: I want to tell you something very important.

Shivangi:  Yeah. Tell me.

Me: For all the things you are making me do for the placements, and the care you have for me, you will always have my love and respect, but I am doing those things to make you happy only. I don’t want to do those things anymore. My heart is in painting, sketching and telling stories through them.

Shivangi: Aww. That’s so sweet. You love me that much Raj. I am so blessed to have a partner like you. I know your love for painting and sketching but I am making you do those things to have a great future for ourselves. You can tell stories through your sketches and paintings by side of the office work after you get placed.

Me: Please try to understand. I don’t want to do it by side of anything, I want painting and sketching to be my main works. I am nothing without these. Most of the people whom I have told about my interest in paintings and sketches, are hesitating about this idea of mine and not supporting it, but I have got everything planned about my future with these, I know whom to approach, go which way. I just need you to support me in achieving my life goals. If I would not have told you all these things then I would have been feeling like cheating with you.

Shivangi (while hugging Rajesh): Oh my God. I am so glad you spoke these things to me. I love this fact that you think of me as a very prior part of your life. Don’t worry, you will always have my support.

Me: Thanks a lot for understanding me so well. I feel like kissing you right now.

I never appeared for the placements that year
After I opened up to Shivangi about what I want to do in my life, I never appeared for the placements that year, showed Shivangi my plans about my future with paintings and sketches properly & she completely supported me.

After our college-life ended, she had a job and I had none but I always had her support and belief in me. I worked very hard on my skills and in 2 years got a job of a Sketch Artist cum Social Media manager in an online art magazine in Mumbai, the same city where Shivangi was placed. The salary was okay, it was half of what Shivangi earns in a month and both of us were good with that.

We decided to get married
After 1 year, we decided to get married as planned. Our families and friends were all happy about that. After we got married, we took a nice flat on rent in Mumbai and lived there. Everything was going very well but as time passed we hardly had time for ourselves and together because of our jobs. Then, most of the time in a week we used to have huge fights on sharing our house-works and the way we used to spend money on stuff. Likewise, one more year passed and our daily routine was like ‘Wake up, work, fight, eat, sleep’. Now, I wonder, where has the love gone? Where is that girl whom I had a crush on? How did other things dominate our love? Have I changed a lot? Am I the reason for all these things which are happening?


Check its previous part, 'The Story of Rajesh's Crush'

Note: This Content is owned by the blogger who is 'Abhisek Nayak' and it should not be republished or used otherwise.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Some Things in His Backpack

Good Times Attract Many

The Story of a 23-year-old

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

The Connection between us and The Home Food

Good Times Attract Many

Do we Know the Right way of Selling an Used Electronic Device?

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

The Story of a 23-year-old