Some Things in His Backpack

 One guy after putting some things into his backpack moved ahead on a street. The street wasn’t crowded very much but it wasn’t lonely as well. While walking on the street, the backpack guy reached the location of a bus stop and stopped there.

At that time at the bus stop, a bus having a lot of people going towards their destinations arrived, and around 4-5 people got out of the bus. One lady and one guy among those people kept walking after getting out of the bus and the others remained there at the bus stop.

The backpack guy went towards a guy who was standing at the bus stop wearing a dark blue formal shirt and black pants.

Backpack guy: Hi.

Blue shirt guy: Hello.

Backpack guy: Are you waiting for someone to pick you up from here?

Blue shirt guy: Yes, I am waiting for another bus that would take me to my place.

Backpack guy: Before you get into a bus you might like some things that I have. Let me show you.

The backpack guy took out very well and neatly folded 5-6 handkerchiefs of different colors of the backpack and showed them to the blue shirt guy.

Backpack guy (while showing the handkerchiefs to the guy): Here are some handkerchiefs I think you would like and that would suit your personality.

Blue shirt guy: All these look good. I guess you want to sell these. I would like to have those square-shaped designed handkerchiefs.

 

Then, some bargaining happened between the backpack guy, and the blue shirt guy bought two handkerchiefs from him.

Blue shirt guy: So, you sell those handkerchiefs for your living?

Backpack guy: Yes, it is one of my sources of income.

Blue shirt guy: I think you should give me your contact information so that I could contact you whenever I am in need of handkerchiefs for myself or any other one.

 

The backpack guy gave his mobile phone number to the blue shirt guy.

Blue shirt guy: so, on what name I should save your number?

Backpack guy: Mayank

Blue shirt guy: and I am Rupak.

Then, a bus arrived at the bus stop, Rupak shook hands with Mayank and he got into the bus.

 

9-10 days later, one day, Rupak spotted Mayank talking to a lady and Mayank was with his backpack at that time.

Rupak went towards Mayank while calling him by his name so that he can hear him from that far.

Rupak: Hey Mayank.

Mayank: Hey, ‘Rupak ji’ (Mr. Rupak). How are you here?

Rupak (while pointing towards the building of his office): This is my office. You say how you are here?

Mayank: I was here selling something.

Rupak: So, what were you selling to this lady? Handkerchiefs.

 Mayank: No, right now, I have scarves of different designs and colors for ladies in my backpack.

Rupak: Oh You have variety. You sell these things wandering around everywhere, is it profitable?

Mayank: Profitable but its earnings can’t take care of me totally.

Rupak: So, what do you do so that something can take care of you?

Mayank: I work in a garment shop. In the shop, I notice the things towards which the attention of the people who go to buy there fails to reach or in other words, they don’t want to buy those things, then, I just take those things and put into my backpack and find people who seem to me that would like to buy those things at a cheaper price.

Rupak: But, isn’t it like stealing?

Mayank: I don’t think so. While working in the shop for so many years I have got the idea how much profit the owner makes and I know which things in the shop can make an impact on the profit and the things that don’t get bought in a certain time period, and by wandering around for the same things in different areas increases my knowledge about the market and psychology of people that would be pretty helpful for me if I think of opening a shop in the future.

Rupak: Okay, after hearing all these from you I would like to say to you that I think I would keep buying things from you and I would hope the owner of the shop doesn’t become a hindrance to the things you are doing.

Comments

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

The Story of a 23-year-old

Good Times Attract Many

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

The Connection between us and The Home Food

Do we Know the Right way of Selling an Used Electronic Device?

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

Good Times Attract Many

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

The Story of a 23-year-old