The Target set for the Relationship


Kashish, Rohan, and Rahul were hanging out at Rahul’s place.

Kashish: Are you scared?

Rohan: Scared? Me? Yeah. A little bit.

Kashish: You should be scared as in the previous meeting you had very much opened your mind.

Rohan: But, what’s wrong in having an open mind?

Kashish (with a little anger towards Rohan): Nothing is wrong with your open-mind. The things which are really wrong are the things which you had said to my father that day.

Rohan (with a shocking reaction to what Kashish said, the reaction had a little bit anger too): Oh my God. Are you serious? Never in my life, I have spoken any bad words to or for your father.

Kashish (continuing her anger): I am not talking about that, you idiot. It’s about……………

Flashback

At Kashish’s home,

Kashish’s Father (to Rohan): I have no problem with you two being in a relationship and I don’t mind that she is earning more than you, but, you should earn a certain amount and know the art of saving to have a good future. Kashish’s startup has become a company now and it’s doing great, why don’t you join in with her there?

Rohan (in a very positive way): I understand your concern uncle but I am very much confident about my abilities and I am damn sure that I am going to surpass the target set by you for me marrying your daughter. Please don’t mind because I am saying all these things in a good sense.

Kashish’s Father: Nice son. It’s very nice to have confidence in your abilities, and I am not setting any target for you, I just want both of you to be happy together. So, I am giving both of you two years as time is very precious.

Kashish (to her father with an innocent voice): But papa, we love each other. Everything would be good when we would be together.

Kashish’s Father (to Kashish): Sweetheart, I have seen more than you in this life and trust me, life is very harsh. So, Kashish and Rohan, be sure about your well being.

Rohan: Sure uncle. You don’t need to worry about anything. Everything would be alright.

Kashish smiles at Rohan.

Flashback over, back to present

Rohan: Ohh, Those things. No, I was scared about my self-belief, but now, I am getting scared about those things too. By the way, if you open your mind a little bit, then, everything is possible. One more thing, the definition of ‘success’ and ‘achievement’ doesn’t include the word ‘time’, I mean to say that great things may take some time.

Kashish (to Rohan, in anger): Now don’t say those rubbish things to me. You had promised that everything would be good. It has been two years, where is the ‘good’ now?

Rohan (being angry on Kashish): Oh come on, now you are getting too much. I told you to open your mind not spoil mine.

Rahul (to Rohan and Kashish): You are fighting! Are you both out of your mind? Are you thinking of compromising your career-goals and goals of your life for which you are so crazy about, for the sake of your ‘to be married life’? Can't you focus on your goals after being married? Why can't your life be the same after marriage? Why do you need anyone's approval for your future? I used to be so jealous by seeing you two together being happy with each other. Now, I feel so lucky being single right now. I need a partner who makes my life joyful, not stressful. Seeing both of you fighting, I am proud of my breakups.

Kashish (to Rahul): Huhh. You know nothing.


Rohan: Yeah, he knows nothing about relationships.

Comments

  1. Good post. One should understand each other by being mature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Some Things in His Backpack

The Story of a 23-year-old

Good Times Attract Many

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Good Times Attract Many

The Connection between us and The Home Food

The Story of a 23-year-old

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason