Dealing with his Superpower

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Previous Episode: What will he do with his Superpowers?


Rakshit got out of his house
Rakshit got out of his house and was walking on a typical Delhi road, then suddenly a car comes with its full speed full of drunk boys and hit Rakshit very hard. He (Rakshit) fell 200 meters away from the place where he got hit. Rakshit woke up very comfortably from the ground, removed away the dust on his clothes using his hands while doing the same he noticed the dark blue particles are going back inside his hands after coming out for a little bit. Then his mobile phone rings. He picks up the call, after a few seconds, he says, “haanji, Shyam bol raha hoon. (Yes, I am Shyam speaking)”

After the accident, two people came to help Shyam (Rakshit)

One of the Two Guys: Are you alright? I think we should take you to the hospital.

Shyam: No no, I am fine, the car did not hurt that much.

The Other Guy: What are you saying? Are you sure? We just saw how that car hit you with almost 200 km/h. I don’t think you are fine.

Shyam: Thanks for asking but there is no need for that. Thanks for asking. it might have seemed like the car hitting me very hard but thank God it did not hit me that hard.

The 2nd Guy: Okay, but I saw how it hit………….

The first guy interrupted the 2nd guy,

The First Guy: Yeah. I think God really helped you today. Take care and be careful on roads.

Shyam: Thanks, I will surely do the same.

The two guys leave the scene.

Shyam (to himself, in his mind): How could I have told them about the thing which I don’t know myself. They would not have believed that these particles inside me protect from anything which I think can harm me.

Shyam continued walking on his way
Shyam continued walking on his way. After some distance, there was a shop which had a board above its closed shutter ‘Shyam’s Tailoring’ written on it. He opened the shutter of the shop, started his works like stitching and sewing using the sewing machine present there.

One day, he was wandering near some shops for buying stuff for home mainly food items like biscuits, vegetables, anything whose price is not very high, etc. While doing the same, he heard sounds of bikes and bullets (which are used in weapons). After hearing those sounds, something struck his mind.

Shyam (talking to himself, in his mind): Where and when I had heard those sounds?

He couldn’t recall where he had heard those sounds but he noticed that the present fight was a face-off between the local Police and the local goons. Very soon the fight got very intense. During the fight, Shyam noticed that one goon fired a bullet on a lady standing beside him, then, he showed his back to the bullet before it could hit the lady, then one particle came out of Shyam’s back which scattered the bullet very hard. After Shyam saved the lady, she pushed Shyam to one side, took her gun out and shot the legs of the three goons very fast and made them arrested. She was very athletic, super-fit and fast.

After the Shootout

Police Officer: Great job mam. They are in safe hands now. You were a great help as always.

The Lady: Thanks. It was also great working with you as always, but someone got shot here, he needs some help.

Shyam: No need for that mam. I am fine.

The Lady (to the Police Officer): I am sorry. My bad. He is fine. I think I miscalculated something in the rush.

Police Officer: Okay mam, we are leaving as we have so much to chat with these people.

The Lady: Yeah. Right.

The Police left. Shyam was also leaving but the lady asked him to stop.

The Lady (to Shyam): hey, hello, stay there,  …..please, stay there.

Shyam stayed there.

Shyam: What happened mam?

The Lady: I have some questions for you.

Shyam: Okay, but, please ask them quickly as I have plenty of works to do today.

The Lady: Okay. There will be quick ones only. So, question number one, where did the bullet hit you? Question number two, how the hell are you not bleeding?

Shyam: No-no-no. I think you have misunderstood the situation. I thought the bullet is going to hit you, so, I moved towards you to shield you but thankfully the bullet hit somewhere else.

The Lady: So, you don’t want to tell me the truth. Okay.

The lady took out her gun and pointed it at Shyam. The gun shocked Shyam for a moment but he quickly recalled that the gun can’t harm him as he has his protectors inside his body in the form of those particles.

The Lady: Now, tell me who really you are? What’s your motive? Are you even a human? For whom do you work?

Shyam: I have told you the truth. I am a common man. I do tailoring for my living.

The Lady: Oh come on. Stop that crap now. I am a fully trained and very experienced detective & you might have seen what I did with the goons. Don’t try to fool me. I know where the bullet was directed to and it has hit you, but, its sound was not like a bullet hitting the human flesh.

Shyam: Okay. I will tell you but I don’t think you are going to believe it and please put down the gun as neither it’s going to make the conversation better nor it’s going to harm me in any way.

The lady put down the gun.

Shyam: Okay. Here I go. When something harmful comes near me then some particles inside my body come out a little bit and save me from the thing by pushing it hard very quickly in another direction, but I don’t know how these particles got inside me and I am very curious about how they got into me.

The Lady (angrily): What? Rubbish. I don’t think even a word form your mouth is true.

Shyam: I knew that you won’t believe me. I f you don’t believe me then test me by firing some bullets at me.

The Lady: I will fire at you something but not bullets.

The lady signaled Shyam to turn around. She threw a few stones at his back in a way such that it would make him hurt but not that much. When the stones got near his body, the particles came out of his body partially and pushed back the stones very fast to the lady she somehow protected herself from the stones.

The Lady: Oh my God. You were right.

The lady went near Shyam and touched his body to check the parts where the stones were going to hit and from where the particles came out partially.

The Lady: Are you like this since you were born?

Shyam: That I can’t say. I don’t have the memory of the same. Actually, I don’t remember anything before the past 8 months.

The Lady: What? What do you mean by that?

Shyam: People in my ‘chawl’ say that our Government had found me homeless and senseless on the footpath. The Government made arrangements for me and other homeless guys like me to live in the ‘Chawl’ where I live now and many other ‘chawls’. I did not know my name then, there is one lady there whom everyone calls  ‘Naani maa’ (Grandmother)  there named me as ‘Shyam’.

The Lady: Okay. I am Sanjana Tripathy, the senior detective of my agency which helps the Police in solving some crimes. We also work independently and I really think that we can help you, make you help others and most importantly, we can find the answers you are seeking for so long. Will you like to join hands with us.

Sanjana made her right hand forward for a handshake with Shyam. Shyam shook hands with Sanjana and agreed to join her.

Sanjana took Shyam to the office of her agency
Sanjana took Shyam to the office of her agency. The office from its outside looked like a 90’s Government office but when Sanjana swiped his Identity Card in the passcode device of the office, the scene was different. It was full of technological stuff. The place had cool gadgets and unbelievable weapons. The people in the office looked very smart.

One Girl in the office (to another girl after they saw Shyam): Who’s that handsome guy?

In the office, Sanjana took Shyam to a person named Rahul and told him the situation of Shyam. After hearing about Shyam, Rahul did some tests on Shyam.

Rahul: I think the particles inside your body can be controlled by a regulatory suit. The suit will regulate the power of those particles. The suit will make you project the particles to any direction you want at your will, and after getting projected they will get back into your body like a boomerang. But, to make the suit, I will need the help of Dr. Ahuja.

Shyam: It seems interesting. I am fine with it.

Sanjana: Okay. Go ahead.

Rahul went to discuss Shyam’s situation with Dr. Ahuja.

Sanjana: We will train you, take care of your living, earning and help you on those particles as I think you will be a great asset for solving many problems in many societies of our country and other countries. So, what do you think about it? I don’t think you are going to say no.

Shyam:  If I think about the things which I am doing right now in my life, then, working here would be better for and I also have an intuition that I am going to know about my past here.

Meanwhile, Dr. Ahuja was checking some notes which contained many mathematical, physical and chemical calculations, and in one of the pages, there was the sketch of the ‘Shining Matter’ which is the source of the particles inside the body of Shyam/Rakshit.

Rahul knocked at the door of Dr. Ahuja’s room.

Rahul: May I come in sir?

After hearing Rahul’s voice, Dr. Ahuja put his notes in a bag.

Dr. Ahuja: Yeah. Come in, Rahul.

Rahul told him about Shyam and his idea of the regulatory suit. An image of the ‘Shining Matter’ flashed on his eyes after hearing what Rahul said.

Check its next part, 'A Suit to control the Superpower'

Note: This Content is owned by the blogger who is ‘Abhisek Nayak’ and it should not be republished or used otherwise.

Comments

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Some Things in His Backpack

Good Times Attract Many

The Story of a 23-year-old

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Good Times Attract Many

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

The Connection between us and The Home Food

The Story of a 23-year-old

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

My Memories with Comic Books