In a Bank Somewhere

In a bank somewhere, Chirag went to the counter of which a lady was in charge.

Chirag: Excuse me, madam.

Lady in charge of the counter (while working on her computer): Wait a minute………. Yes, how can I help you?

Chirag: I want to open an account here.

Lady to Chirag: Okay.

Lady (with a louder voice): Mishra ji, one account-opening form is needed here.

Mishra ji to the Lady (from his table): Okay madam.

Lady to Chirag: You can get the required form and other information from the table which is to the left side of yours. Mishra ji will help you there.

Chirag went to Mr.Mishra’s table. 

Mishra ji to Chirag: Take this. This is the form required for opening an account here.

Chirag (after taking the form from Mishraji and taking out his pen to fill up the form): Thanks. I should start filling it now……….

Mishraji: Please have a seat on one of the empty chairs behind you.

Chirag sat on one of the empty chairs there and started filling up the form. After he had filled up the form, he went to Mishraji’s table. 

Chirag: Mishra ji, I have filled up the form. What to do now?

Mishra ji: Do you have the documents mentioned in the form with you right now.

Chirag: Yes, I have.

Mishra ji: Okay, then, take the form with the documents and get them checked in any of the 5 counters.

Chirag: Okay.

Chirag went to the counter where he had gone to earlier. 

Chirag to the lady in charge of the counter (while showing the documents to the lady): Madam, can you please check these?

Lady: Sure, give them to me.

 

Chirag gave the documents to the lady and she started checking the form and the documents one by one.

Lady to Chirag: There is a problem.

Chirag: What mam?

Lady (while showing the documents to Chirag): The spelling of your name in this document is not the same as in your identity card.

Chirag: Ohh, yes, I remember now, they had made the spelling mistake in my name when I had applied for the same document

Lady: I am sorry Mr. Chirag, but you have to update your name in the document or provide us its alternate document which is mentioned in the form.

Chirag: But mam, I don’t have its alternative with me right now, and updating the required document would take more time. I have other works lined up for me to do in these coming days, is there not any other way, by which I can submit the form today only?

Lady: Mr. Chirag, I have already mentioned the way. You can apply for an account when you have either the updated document or its alternative with you. Why hurry?

The lady returned the form and documents to Chirag. This created some anger in Chirag but he used his force of anger in moving his face away and walked outside the bank by a faster pace in which he usually does not move.

Updating the Document

The next day, after completing some of his important works, he went to the office where the updating of the document (The Spelling Mistake one) was going on in the afternoon. When he entered the office, he saw a long queue before the counter where the updating was going on. He stood at the end of the queue, waited for his turn, and calmed himself by standing there quietly and observing everything taking place in the office. At last, his turn came and his name got updated in the document. Then he did the required printouts and photocopies of the document. That time, he was hungry like hell. So, he went to have ‘Chole Bhature’ in a restaurant near the office. Then, he rushed to the bank. When he reached the bank, only 15-20 minutes were remaining for the bank to close that day. He was moving towards one of the counters with the form ad documents in his hand, then Mishra ji came on his way.

 

Mishra ji: Ohh! You had come yesterday for opening an account here, I remember you. What happened today?

Chirag: I am going to the counter for the account opening which I could not do yesterday.

Mishra ji: But, you can’t go there right now.

Chirag: Why not?

Mishra ji: There is very little time remaining for the bank to close today. The employees are finishing the official works and some have even started shutting down their computers. Trust me, the account opening procedure can’t be done right now.

Chirag: But, I have filled up the form and also have the correct documents with me.

Mishra ji: But, they have to check the form and documents very properly no. You never know, from where errors can pop out.

Chirag (being frustrated): Okay, I will come tomorrow.

Mishra ji (with a smiling face): By the way, what do you do?

Chirag: I have just finished my education and have applied for some jobs. If I get a job, then obviously need a bank account for the salary to be credited. So, I just want to get an account as soon as possible and also am very excited to have my own ATM/Debit card.

Mishra ji (being curious with a smile on his face): Have you never used an ATM card till now? People of your age are experts in things like that?

Chirag: I have used my father’s card a few times but for the first time dealing with the procedures of the bank.

Mishra ji (while patting on Chirag’s back and laughing): Okay-Okay. But, why so hurry?

Mishra ji (continuing his smile): I don’t know why people of your age group are always in a hurry. Come tomorrow with a happy face, be patient and your work will be done.

Chirag showed a forced fake smile to Mishra ji and departed from there.

The next day, Chirag reached the bank at around 9:55 AM. When he entered the bank he saw that the employees were entering the bank at that time and many were yet to come. 

Mishra ji (with his evergreen smile): Chirag! You have reached the bank before some of the employees. Are you thinking of a career in banks?

Chirag: I don’t know……. maybe. Can I get the documents checked in one of the counters?

Mishra ji: They have just reached here, let them settle a bit. Have a seat on one of the empty ones there. Give me the documents, I will get them checked, you just wait for 5 minutes.

After a few minutes, Mishra ji got the documents checked from a gentleman named Mr. Vishal Sarkar in one of the counters. Mishra ji called Chirag to Mr. Vishal’s counter by signaling his hand and Chirag went there.

Mr. Vishal: Chirag, I have checked the forms and your documents, but, the address you have mentioned in the form is not the same as in the document needed to prove your address.

Chirag: But, the address mentioned in the form is my current one.

Mr. Vishal: Then, do you have any document specifying that you live in the address which is mentioned in your form?

Chirag (being frustrated): No.

Mr. Vishal: if you are in a hurry then you can take a new form (for opening an account) from here, write the old address of yours in the form. When you update your new address in the required documents/s, then, you can update the address in your bank details here.

Chirag: Let me think………. Okay, I would do that. Anything else should I know before filling up the form, as I don’t want any errors regarding this case to pop out from somewhere.

Mr. Vishal: In the form, you have to check (tick mark) the option “Receive the Passbook and ATM/Debit card from the mentioned branch of the bank” rather than the option “Deliver the Passbook and ATM/Debit card to the mentioned address” and the old address would be printed in your Passbook.

Then, Chirag did the same thing which Mr. Vishal said. After Chirag had submitted the documents,…………….

Mishra ji to Chirag: So, your work is done now. Are you relieved now?

Chirag (with a smile): Some part of the work is done, I still don’t have an account here.

Mishra ji: I must say that you are very patient and calm. I have seen people of your age….. and also not of your age lose their calm be impatient and fight with the employees in the bank for things like these, but they neither help themselves nor others by doing the same.

Chirag: Yes, I can understand their feelings, but, I have seen these kind of people in my college when there used to be any ‘Documents’ related things and in many other places. I agree with you that their behavior does not do any good for anyone.


Comments

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Some Things in His Backpack

Good Times Attract Many

The Story of a 23-year-old

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Good Times Attract Many

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

The Connection between us and The Home Food

The Story of a 23-year-old

My Memories with Comic Books

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason