It fell off from My Pocket

It was 11:32 in the morning that day. Dhruv was sitting in the stands of his college cricket ground all alone. He took out the mobile phone from the left pocket of his pant and went on to phone-call Sanket. After 2-3 rings, Sanket picked up the call.

 

Sanket (to Dhruv in the phonecall): Yeah. Say.

Dhruv: Why didn’t you come to college today?

Sanket: I didn’t feel like going to college today. Yesterday, I had a hectic day due to the practical sessions in the college and some other personal stuff. So, I thought that I should take a day off today.

Dhruv (with a little laugh in his tone): You are talking like you have taken a day off from the office instead of college.

Sanket: Yeah-yeah, but trust me, yesterday in the college seemed like a day in the office.

Dhruv: Okay, keep that aside. I have messed up something and I thought that I would feel better & lighter if I share it with you.

Sanket: Yeah. Say it and feel as much light as you want, but do it quickly as I have a game-mission to complete.

Dhruv: So, listen. I had borrowed a pen-drive from Gaurav for some movies I wanted and he had told me to return it to him today…….

Sanket: Hmm. So what?

Dhruv: While I was riding on my way to the college by my bike, somehow the pen-drive fell off from my pocket, which I realized after I reached the college, a few minutes before I called you and you know how far my home is from the college.

Sanket (with a little laugh in his tone): You are unbelievable.

Dhruv: I can’t figure out how to break this news to him (Gaurav).

Sanket: I know how you are feeling bro but you have to face him. You have to tell him about the pen-drive. You just tell him the truth in the way you said it to me, with the guilt of the same, and don’t say anything about buying him a new one or paying its price until he talks about the same.

Dhruv: Yeah. I will go by your way, but, it’s very hard to tell him as the pen-drive…………

Sanket (suddenly, he remembered something): Wait a minute………., one week before, Gaurav didn’t have a pen-drive himself and he had borrowed mine……., Ohh No! Please don’t tell me that it was of 32GB, it had the logo of ‘Marvel’s Iron-Man’ and the colors of his suit all over it.

Dhruv (while realizing that he has called the wrong person and being a little shocked and scared): Yeah bro, the pen-drive looks like the way you are saying………. I am really very sorry bro.

 

Then, Dhruv cuts the phone-call immediately.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Some Things in His Backpack

Tests or t20s in Your Life

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

The Story of a 23-year-old

I liked Your Work but...

Good Times Attract Many

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Good Times Attract Many

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Following Your Passion and Advices of others

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

India win Kabaddi Gold in The Olympics

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts