One needs to be reminded how Good He/She is


In the office where Gulshan and Prakash work, Prakash was saying something to Gulshan.

Prakash: Do you remember when you had distributed sweets in the office in the joy of your son getting 10 CGPA (more than 95%) at the 10th board exams?

Gulshan: Yeah, I remember. How can I forget that day? My son had made me very proud of him that day……, but why are you talking about that day today?

Prakash (impatiently): I had loved the flavors and taste of the sweets you had brought that day. I want to know from where you had bought those sweets.

Gulshan: Yeah, why not? I had bought the sweets from ‘Shyamlal Halwaai Sweet Stall’. Has anything special happened?

Prakash (being excited): Yeah. Finally, I have bought my dream bike. It has cost me Rs. 1.5 lakhs but the bike is worthy of that much money.

Gulshan: Wow. Great. Congrats.

Prakash: I will show you the bike in the lunch hour, okay.

Gulshan: Yeah sure. I would love the same.

In the lunch hour, Prakash showed off his bike
In the lunch hour, Prakash showed off his bike and its specialties to Gulshan.

Gulshan (while patting on Prakash’s back): That’s a beauty. Great bike Prakash.

Prakash: Thanks, man. Hey, why don’t you buy a bike like this? If you do so, then, we will be called ‘the sports bike buddies’ in the office.

Gulshan: I don’t know. I have to check my savings.

Prakash: Oh come on. If you like it then you should get one. You can’t always do the sacrifice.

Gulshan (in his mind): I really wish I had that bike.

When Gulshan was leaving for his house from the office he was feeling low and very bad about himself.

Gulshan (in his mind): What a life I have got! I can’t even buy a sports bike for myself. I am just a simple and boring guy who has no life of his own, just works in the office and goes to his house.

A month later, everyone in the office was expecting raise and promotions
A month later, everyone in the office was expecting raise and promotions for some posts. Like everyone, Gulshan was also expecting a promotion or at least a raise, as he was very punctual, good at completing his works in time and was working in the office for quite a time. But, the things did not happen in the way Gulshan was expecting.

Then, another guy Keshav comes near Gulshan and puts his hand on Gulshan’s shoulder.

Keshav: Tough luck friend. I think your hard-work and punctuality were not enough.

Gulshan was feeling terrible that day.

When Gulshan was leaving for home that day, his phone rang. It was a phone call from his house. He picked up the call.

Gulshan: Hello.

A Cute Voice: Hello papa, please bring cookies and chocolates for us when you come from the office. Mummy wants to eat all of them, then I told mummy that she can’t eat them all as they are not for elders but I will give her some extra chocolates as she does a lot of work in the house like you do in the office. You have to bring them all or mummy will be sad, okay papa?

Gulshan (in a cute way): Okay my cutie pie. I will not make your mummy sad, but, have you finished your homework?

Gulshan’s daughter (in her cute voice): Yes papa. Now, you cut the phone and come home soon.

Gulshan: Okay cutie pie, coming home soon. Bye.

While going home,

Gulshan (in his mind, smiling): I have almost all the things I had wished for earlier. I married the beautiful girl I loved. I have two lovely children. Their happiness is what I always wish for and I have always wished for, more than the bike and the promotion. I think these (the bike and promotion) were only the results of the influences of Prakash and everyone in the office. I don’t hate my life, I had just got influenced that day. If something or someone is making a person happy, then it doesn’t mean that it’s going to make ourselves happy, happiness should come from the heart like I have for this life which I have got.

Sometimes, we forget about things in which we are good at
Sometimes (especially in bad times), we forget about things in which we are good at or the things which matter more to us, it feels like we are good at almost nothing but at those times, we need someone to remind us about our good things, like Gulshan’s daughter reminded him (Gulshan) about his goodness. If no one is there to remind us of our goodness then we should always try to remind the same to ourselves.

Comments

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Some Things in His Backpack

Good Times Attract Many

The Story of a 23-year-old

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts

Good Times Attract Many

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

The Connection between us and The Home Food

The Story of a 23-year-old

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

My Memories with Comic Books