Following Your Passion and Advices of others


The story which is going to follow is about someone who wanted to follow his passion seriously and the guidelines of his parents.

Anirudh’s father was checking messages on his phone.


Anirudh’s Father: Anirudh, come here son. See what your cousin Vineet has sent for you.

Anirudh: I am coming papa.

Father: Look at this. Vineet says it’s a very good job opportunity for you and the company is great.

Anirudh: Okay. I will have a look at it.

Next morning,

Father: So, did you have a look at the file your brother had sent regarding the job?

Anirudh: Yes, I had a look at it, but, I don’t think it’s suitable for me.

Father: What do you mean by it’s not suitable for you? The branch and qualifications required for the job are same as of yours.

Anirudh: It surely says that I can apply for the post but it doesn’t require what I want to do or what I am good at.

Father (angrily): Oh. Don’t say that to me. You have qualified in the required branch (degree) and now you are just making excuses for having more rest in the house.

Anirudh (little bit angrily): I have said what I had to and what I want to do but you just want to and love to forcibly put things on me.

I have shown you my projects, my works in the field I want to work in, but, you just want excuses to make everything work under your influence.

Father (angrily): Oh sure! You have grown up very big no, so now, you can speak whatever you want without respecting anyone. Talking to you is a waste of time.

Anirudh (angrily): very nice, now you changed the topic. Another excuse and topic.

Then the father and son turned from each other and rushed to their respective rooms.   

He had a keen interest in music
He had a keen interest in music. He used to write, compose and record songs, then he used to pitch them to many people and productions in both offline and online.

When his mother used to ask him, “Have you completed your projects required for jobs? When are you going to apply for the jobs?”, then he used to reply, “I have completed some and some of them are remaining, but, I have started applying for jobs.”

Actually from ‘applying for jobs’, he meant pitching his musical works & music auditions, and from projects, he meant his musical works. He had also started earning by freelancing. About his earnings, he used to tell his parents that he got the money for doing some small projects related to his studies for some companies.

One day, Anirudh’s mother decided to talk to him about jobs.

Mother (being a little worried): How many days are you going to take for getting a job?

Anirudh: In how many days, does God answer your prayers?

Mother: The prayers are answered at their right time, no one can say how much time it is going to take.

Anirudh (smiling): Exactly, that’s too my answer to your question.

Mother: But it has been 2 years. I think you should not side-away the jobs your relatives recommend to you. If everything continues like this then I don’t think it’s going to be very good for your future.

Anirudh (giving some assurance): I have full faith in my works, I am dedicated towards them and I am very confident about getting a job through my works and abilities.

One time came when almost everyone put pressure on him
One time came when almost his every relative, friend and obviously his parents put pressure on him to apply for the jobs they recommend for him. In this situation, he had two choices, (i)Tell the truth to everyone and continue his musical works, (ii) Go with the flow with everyone, please them but not himself, 

and he knew what he wanted to choose and he did choose one of them.

It’s not that he never talked about his musical stuff to his parents but they did not support this and told him to make it a hobby only, not his life.

Comments

  1. I think a person should definitely do what he feels like, where his heart is. But instead of waiting indefinitely for things to happen, a person should take up a stop gap arrangement and jump when a real opportunity appears. At least he will have some salary and experience to write in the resume

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time, we toggle between passion and money. Great are the people who chose passion over money and succeeded.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts (Since last year)

Some Things in His Backpack

Tests or t20s in Your Life

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Is there any Nice Coffee-Shop nearby?

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

When He Pressed the Buttons on that Device

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

The Story of a 23-year-old

I liked Your Work but...

Good Times Attract Many

Popular Posts (Since Last 30 Days)

Tests or t20s in Your Life

Positive or Negative Vibes Having Influence on People

Good Times Attract Many

Taking Out some Time for a 'Me Time'

With Great responsibility come Greater Distractions

Everyone is Different from the others for a Reason

India win Kabaddi Gold in The Olympics

Learn From The Baby How It is Done

Reactions You get On Your New Thoughts